With more than 30 years of experience, David Grimes focuses his practice on cross border and domestic M&A, securities, commercial and restructuring transactions. He represents companies and private equity funds in their acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures. He also represents venture funds in their investments, and financial institutions in their financing transactions and restructurings. David counsels clients in various industries, including media, life sciences, financial institutions and industrials.
Prior to joining McDermott, David co-founded another AmLaw 100’s Paris office and was the former head of its cross-border transactions practice group.
- Represented the owners of Bansard International in the sale of Bansard, a global transport and logistics provider, to SEKO Logistics, a portfolio company of Ridgemont Equity Partners
- Represented Seventh Avenue Investments LLC in connection with numerous equity and convertible debt investments in numerous sectors, including integrated cannabis companies (multi-state and publicly-traded operators)
- Represented Volery Capital Partners, a U.S. private equity fund focused on investments in the financial services industry, in numerous equity and debt investments
- Represented Great Mountain Partners, a U.S. asset manager, in the creation of a pan-European media platform and the acquisition of media production and distribution companies in the Nordics, Germany and other E.U. countries
- Represented Ortho Dev America and its parent company, Eqwal Group, in numerous acquisitions of orthopedic & prosthetic clinics across the United States, as well as the creation of the U.S. platform
- Represented Anjac Health & Beauty, a French industrial group, in its acquisition of Cosmetix West, a California manufacturer of cosmetics, drugs, and food supplements
- Represented HR Path, a global specialist in human resource solutions, in its first acquisition in the U.S., of Exaventures
- Represented Radiall America, Inc., a U.S. subsidiary of the French group, Radiall SA, in its acquisition of Timbercon, Inc., a U.S. manufacturer of fiber optic and hybrid solutions for the military, aerospace, data communications, medical, and industrial markets
- Represented Rhône Capital, a transatlantic private equity fund, in its acquisition of Rexair, the manufacturer and distributor of Rainbow® products for indoor environments from Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL).
- Represented Petit Forestier Group, European leader in refrigeration rental, in its first US acquisition of Mendon Leasing*
- Representing Dalian Wanda Group in its $1 billion purchase of Dick Clark productions*
- Represented BBC Worldwide in its investment in BritBox, a British content-focused SVOD platform with its joint venture partners*
- Represented Patheon Inc. (now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific), a publicly traded leading global provider of manufacturing and contract development services to the global pharmaceutical industry, in its $255 million acquisition of Banner Pharmacaps, a global specialty life sciences company *
- Represented Talecris Biotherapeutics, a biologics company, in its purchase of numerous blood plasma centers, its $1 billion IPO and related 144A debt offering*
- Represented ANV Holding B.V., a Dutch specialty insurer, in the US aspects of its purchase of Flagstone Holdings (UK) Limited*
- Represented Bretèche Industrie (n/k/a LINXIS), then a portfolio company of Equistone Partners, in its first North American acquisition of Schick Solutions, an ingredient automation company*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- The Legal 500 USA, 2022
- The M&A Advisor Cross Border M&A Deal of the Year, 2015
- Emory University School of Law Advisory Board, member
- Anchor Health Initiative, co-founder and board member
Emory University, School of Law, JD, 1987
London School of Economics and Political Science, MSc, 1984
College of William and Mary, BA, 1983