Keith Hagan provides practical tax and commercial advice to cross-border and domestic transactions involving development and infrastructure projects, public M&A, and private equity.
Keith has experience with federal tax incentives including qualified opportunity funds (QOFs), energy production tax credits and investment tax credits, and qualified small business stock (QSBS). In particular, Keith is one of the country’s leading experts in the area of QOFs invested in development and infrastructure projects and venture capital located within qualified opportunity zones (QOZs) across the United States.
Keith has counseled JVs, public and private companies, REITs, private equity funds, and venture capital funds, both on-shore and off-shore, in all manner of issues arising under Subchapters K and C.
Outside of the Firm, Keith serves as adjunct professor of Inbound International Taxation at the University of Miami Law School’s Graduate Tax Program.
- Represented Fortune 100 company regarding its digital economy and cloud computing platform
- Advised 10-figure cross-border de-SPAC acquisition of EMEA agricultural technology group.
- Advised a wind developer in the financing of 300 MW, 200 MW, and 1000 MW wind projects in Oklahoma eligible for production tax credits.
- Advised a tax equity investor in the financing of a 180 MW wind project in Texas eligible for production tax credits.
- Represented a developer in the privatization of a community-owned utility’s nuclear project financed with Build America Bonds in Florida eligible for production tax credits.
- Advised a $300mm qualified opportunity fund investing in healthcare practice management.
- Advised a $500mm qualified opportunity fund investing as venture capital incubator for start-ups.
- Advised innumerable clients in all manner of domestic and cross-border restructuring and M&A transactions
- The Best Lawyers America, Ones to Watch in Tax Law, 2022-2023
- Adjunct Professor, Inbound International Taxation, University of Miami School of Law
- Florida Bar – Tax Section, member
University of Florida, LLM, 2015
Vanderbilt University Law School, JD, 2014
Georgia Institute of Technology, MS, 2009
Courts / Agencies
US Tax Court