Eric S. Klee focuses his practice on capital markets, including special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), and mergers & acquisitions transactions. He also routinely advises public companies regarding their reporting and disclosure obligations required by federal securities laws and provides corporate governance advice to public and private companies. Eric represents companies involved in consumer products, OTC pharmaceuticals and medical devices, media and distribution services.
To read Eric’s full biography in Japanese please click here.
In addition to practicing at law firms, Eric has served as chief legal officer and general counsel for publicly traded and private equity-backed companies. With his well-diversified background, Eric also counsels clients in commercial agreements, joint ventures, intellectual property portfolio management, licensing, advertising and marketing claims, labeling and packaging, human resources and employment matters, and litigation management.
While in law school, Eric participated in the Syracuse University College of Law’s Law Review.
- Represented Semper Paratus Acquisition Corporation, a special purpose acquisition company, in its US $345 million initial public offering*
- Represented Sanaby Health Acquisition Corp. I, a special purpose acquisition company, in its US $172.5 million initial public offering*
- Representing FTAC Emerald Acquisition Corp. in its initial public offering*
- Represented A360 Media, LLC in the acquisition of Us Weekly and Men’s Journal from Wenner Media LLC*
- Represented A360 Media, LLC in the acquisition of In Touch, Life & Style and Closer from Bauer Media *
- Represented A360 Media, LLC in the sale of Shape, Fit Pregnancy and Natural Health to Meredith Corporation*
- Represented A360 Media, LLC in the sale of the Mr. Olympia Competition, Flex, Muscle & Fitness and Muscle & Fitness Hers*
- Represented Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. in its $615 million acquisition of OTC Pharmaceutical brands from GlaxoSmithKline*
- Represented Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. in its $203.4 million acquisition of Blacksmith Brands Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. in its $76 million acquisition of Dramamine from McNeil-PPC, Inc.*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- New York Bar Association, member
Syracuse University College of Law, JD, cum laude, 1997
Tufts University, BA, magna cum laude, 1993