Massimiliano focuses his practice on providing legal advice in litigation both in State courts and arbitral proceedings (before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) and the Milan Chamber of Arbitration). Massimiliano has represented both Italian and foreign clients, covering a wide range of civil and commercial matters, with a specific focus on financial and corporate issues.
Prior to joining McDermott, Massimiliano gained a wealth of experience working for leading law firms in Milan. Massimiliano has also provided advice on litigation issues concerning: (i) the acquisition of shareholdings, both buy-side and sale-side, drafting and negotiating share purchase agreements and company’s by-laws; (ii) commercial agreements, drafting and negotiating sale and lease agreements of business units, as well as services and supply agreements, distribution and franchising agreements, sponsorship, agency and trademark license agreements.
Previously, Massimiliano lectured in Criminal law at the University of Parma.
- Assisting a US investment fund in international arbitration proceedings initiated by an Italian minority shareholder in connection with good/bad leaver provisions set forth by the shareholder agreement
- Assisting an American multinational company with an international arbitration dispute arising from the breach of representations and warranties in a share purchase agreement entered into with an Italian company
- Assisting an Italian construction company with a dispute related to a project financing operation
- Assisting an Italian company with an international arbitration related to a plant installed in Egypt
- Assisting an Italian Bank with several proceedings brought by investors who claim to have suffered patrimonial damages due to: (i) alleged false information contained in the Bank’s financial statements and corporate documents; (ii) alleged violation of legal duties arising out of Italian law governing financial intermediation*
- Representing an Italian bank in proceedings brought by investors who claim to have suffered patrimonial damages due to: (i) alleged false information contained in the bank’s financial statements and corporate documents; (ii) alleged violation of legal duties arising out of Italian laws governing financial intermediation*
- Representing an Italian company in proceedings for injunctive relief to prevent the payment of guarantees (and counter guarantees) issued in favor of the Ministry of Bahrain*
- Representing an Italian company in a liability claim brought by the company against its former directors and auditors*
- Representing a former shareholder of an Italian limited company in proceedings concerning alleged violations of the representations and warranties contained in a share purchase agreement*
- Providing legal assistance in favor of a multinational company in relation to the Italian Legislative decree No. 231/2001 and the global investigation carried out by US parent company*
* Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- The Legal 500 EMEA, Recommended Lawyer, 2020-2021
University of Parma, Law Degree, top marks, 2003
Italian Bar, 2007