Marika Miller provides strategic legal, regulatory and compliance counseling to various healthcare providers and technology companies involved in digital health. She is experienced with the legal and regulatory landscape governing telehealth and consumer wellness programs.
Marika advises clients on issues related to professional licensure, permitted telehealth modalities, scope of practice, informed consent, the prescription of non-controlled and controlled substances, reimbursement and other telehealth practice standards. She assists clients with identifying and understanding relevant legal and regulatory issues and developing and implementing practical, forward-thinking compliance solutions and strategies that meet the requirements of the constantly evolving digital health regulatory landscape. Marika advises hospitals, health systems, healthcare providers and private equity clients on broader healthcare legal, regulatory and compliance matters, including professional and facility licensure, professional scope of practice and supervision, Medicaid and Medicare enrollments, and fraud and abuse.
Prior to joining McDermott, Marika was a legal fellow for a Chicago-area hospital. While in law school, she served as a legal extern in the general counsel’s office and risk management office at two Chicago-area hospitals and as a law clerk for an Illinois Medicaid managed care organization.
Marika is also a member of the Firm’s Pro Bono and Community Service and Diversity/Inclusion committees.
- Counseled many national clients on the development and implementation of telehealth programs’ infrastructure and compliance with pertinent laws and regulations.
- Assisted multiple clients, including telehealth clients, with pharmacy licensure and Medicare and Medicaid enrollments on a 50-state basis.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys, Communications Committee Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Health Law Committee Vice Chair
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, 2017
Loyola University Chicago, BS, 2011