Nichole D. Shustack* focuses her practice on alcohol trade practice, regulatory, commercial agreements and distribution matters. She represents companies in the alcohol beverage industry, including brewers, distillers and wineries and has in-depth knowledge of the legal, regulatory and distribution issues facing the industry.
Prior to joining the Firm, Nichole acted as in-house counsel for eight years at one of the largest craft brewers in the world where she counseled on regulatory, distribution matters and represented the company in drafting complex commercial agreements. Since joining McDermott, she uses this experience to provide clients with business-minded and practical legal advice.
*Not admitted to practice in the District of Columbia; admitted only in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Supervised by principals of the Firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar.
- Represented Beam Suntory Inc. in the execution of a Renewable Energy Services Agreement with 3Rivers Energy Partners for the development of a renewable natural gas anaerobic digestion facility adjacent to the Jim Beam distillery in Boston, Kentucky in a projected $400 million expansion. The biogas development project will use still from the whiskey distillery process as feedstock for the production of renewable natural gas, which will then power the expanded distillery and assist Beam Suntory in achieving its goal to cut its company wide greenhouse gas emission and water usage in half by 2030.
- Lead a senior leadership team managing the Boston Beer and Dogfish Head Brewery merger, including a nationwide wholesaler and sales consolidation and communication effort*
- Managed all domestic and international wholesaler contracts and franchise issues, including wholesaler transactions, providing legal guidance on transfer of distribution rights, litigation support and interpretation of franchise laws*
- Managed and reviewed commercial agreements, particularly those relating to machinery, capital equipment, ingredients, packaging and goods and services, ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and regulations relating to the production of alcoholic beverages*
- Provided guidance on trade practice compliance issues and marketing programs and materials, ensuring compliance with local, state, federal and international law, including TTB and FDA regulations*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- The Legal Intelligencer, Professional Excellence Awards: ESG Impact Honoree, 2023
- Drexel Park Homeowner Association, vice president
- Historic Lansdowne Theater Corporation, board of directors
Widener University School of Law, JD, 2011
Villanova University, BA, 2008
District of Columbia