Joseph (Joe) O. Rubinelli, Jr., counsels clients on estate planning, family business, and trust and estate administration matters. He has spent his entire legal career as a member of McDermott’s Private Client practice.
Joe works extensively with families that control operating businesses, advising them on matters relating to effective tax planning for the business and family, management succession planning, governance issues, privacy protection and multi-generational issues arising in the management of the family business.
In relation to wealth management, Joe counsels several large families on effective family gift and estate planning, private philanthropy and risk management. He advises entrepreneurs, corporate executives and other business leaders and wealthy individuals on estate and tax planning matters. Joe also represents several charitable organizations, including large private foundations and public operating charities.
- The Best Lawyers in America 1999 – 2023, Trusts and Estates
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Big Shoulders Fund, Member of the Board
- The Catholic Lawyers Guild of Chicago, Member of Board of Governors
- Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Chicago Bar Association, Probate Practice Committee, Past Chair
- The Economic Club of Chicago
- Lyric Opera of Chicago, Member of the Board and Chair of Planned Giving Advisory Council
Northwestern University School of Law, JD, cum laude, 1978
Stanford University, AB, with distinction, 1975