Kathy Schumacher focuses her practice on the representation of private equity firms and their portfolio companies. She counsels clients in connection with the negotiation and documentation of acquisition financing, and the representation of other domestic and foreign companies in the negotiation and documentation of their general corporate debt financings, project financings, refinancings and restructurings, including senior, first-lien/second-lien, mezzanine and subordinated debt transactions.
Kathy received pro bono awards for work done in connection with the spin-offs of a nonprofit corporation from its parent nonprofit corporation and in connection with the representation of a terminated employee in an administrative hearing and subsequent appeal before the New York State Appellate Division, Second Department.
- Represented several private equity groups and their portfolio companies in connection with the negotiation of debt commitment letters and related credit documentation for the purposes of funding acquisitions, including senior secured credit facilities, secured second-lien credit facilities, bridge debt facilities and mezzanine debt facilities
- Represented a leading distributor of building products in connection with is $2.5 billion recapitalization and share redemption, including a $1.2 billion senior secured term loan facility and a $750 million senior secured asset-based loan facility
- Represented a leading international developer and operator of destination resorts, casinos and luxury hotels in connection with a recapitalization, including the restructuring of $3 billion of indebtedness, the entering into of new management agreements and the sale of a 50 percent joint venture and subsequent refinancing
- Represented a leading supplier of sensors and controls in connection with a refinancing consisting of a $1.1 billion senior secured term loan facility and a $250 million senior secured multi-currency revolving credit facility and amendments thereto
- Legal 500 US 2016
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- New York State Bar Association
New York University School of Law, JD, 1992
University of Iowa, BA, 1988