Nina Siewert advises clients on German tax law, in particular on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and real estate investments in all aspects related to structuring negotiation and documentation. She has firsthand knowledge of the structuring of funds and debt instruments, and considerable experience in tax matters relating to financings, including leveraged and real estate financings, and structured finance instruments.
Prior to joining McDermott, Nina was a counsel in the tax department in other international law firms. She is admitted as a German chartered tax advisor (Steuerberaterin).
- The owners of Elmotec Group on the sale of their shares to Schaeffler Technologies
- SIGNA on the intended multibillion-euro acquisition of GALERIA Kaufhof Group from METRO Group
- An international mid cap group of companies in the logistics sector on the establishment of a pan-European cash pool
- AEA Investors on the acquisitions of Siemens Water Technologies business and Dematic*
- An international aerospace and defense specialist Thales on the acquisition of software company Sysgo*
- Aleris Aluminum International on the disposal of its Recycling and Specification Alloy business to Signa Group, and its Extrusion business to Japanese industry investor Sankyo Tateyama*
- The lenders of the approximately EUR 1 billion distressed real estate portfolio on the debt restructuring and exit*
- An opportunistic group of investors on the investment structuring and the acquisition of a German real estate portfolio*
- A German mid cap “hidden industry champion” on the intended transition of the business to the next generation*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2020-2023: Leading Lawyer for Tax Law