Dr. Nikolaus von Jacobs advises private equity funds and German industrial players on private equity, venture capital, and private and public mergers and acquisitions.
Before joining McDermott, he was a partner of another international law firm and headed its German private equity practice. He has also worked in investment banking and European capital markets for Merrill Lynch in London.
- Shareholder of tsd Technik-Sprachendienst GmbH on the sale of the company to Spain’s SeproTec Multilingual Solutions
- Family Trust Investor FTI GmbH on the acquisition of Tiefenbach Control Systems GmbH, including its subsidiaries and investments in the USA, Russia, and China.
- Shareholders and CEO of ADWEKO on the sale of 100 percent of the shares in ADWEKO Consulting GmbH, including its five national and international subsidiaries, to X1F GmbH
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2021-2023: Leading Lawyer for Corporate Law and Private Equity Law
- Chambers Europe 2022: Recommended for Private Equity-Germany
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022: Recommended for Private Equity Transactions
- WirtschaftsWoche 2020: Recommended as “Top Lawyer 2020” for M&A Law
- Chambers Europe 2023, Band 5 in Germany: Private Equity
- Ongoing work for Ananda – a German social venture fund
- Ongoing work for Bonvenutre – a German social venture fund