Christian von Sydow advises international and German clients, and strategic and financial investors in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private equity, restructuring, corporate conflict resolution, and estate planning.
Christian represents a large number of international and German clients, and strategic and financial investors in acquisitions and sales of businesses in Germany and internationally in cross-border matters. He also advises numerous companies during negotiations for and the establishment of international joint ventures. In addition, he advises listed companies on structural and capital-related measures such as initial public offerings (IPOs), spin-offs, increases in capital with contributions in kind, and mergers with other listed companies.
He represents clients on restructuring and acquisitions during crisis situations and when emerging from insolvency as well as in cases involving corporate conflict resolution and regularly acts as an arbitrator in cases of impaired M&A transactions. Christian also regularly advises on estate planning matters.
He represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including automotive supply, armaments, consumer electronics, energy, internet, optics, publishing, retail, software, technology and testing technology, and travel and tourism.
- Hy2B Wasserstoff regarding the investment of 8 new shareholders in the start-up company “Crymotive GmbH” in the field of technology, hydrogen refueling
- KPM Analytics on the envisaged acquisition of a company on the are of sensor technology
- SYNLAB on the foundation of a non-profit limited liability company.
- An international group of shareholders of a company in the med tech sector, headquartered in the US, on the auction and sale to a UK-based private equity investor
- Aa US-listed company on the acquisition of a German mold and hotrunner system manufacturer
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2023: Leading Lawyer for Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law, Private Equity Law, and Restructuring and Insolvency Law
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2009-2022: Leading Lawyer for Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law, and Private Equity Law
- Chambers Europe 2022: Recommended for Corporate/M&A Germany
- Chambers Global 2022: Recommended for Corporate/M&A Germany
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022: Recommended for Corporate
- JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftskanzleien 2022/2023: Recommended for Corporate and M&A
- American Chamber of Commerce, co-chair of the Bavarian regional committee
- International Patrons of the Pinakothek, member of the board
- Stiftung Bayerisches Amerikahaus GmbH, chairman of the advisory board