1:30 – 5:30 pm CST
Wine tasting and cocktail reception immediately following
1200 W. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60607
To view the presentation materials please click here.
If you would like to live tweet during this event, please use the hashtag #PEBootCamp2013.
This complimentary McDermott Will & Emery Boot Camp is presented in partnership with the Illinois Venture Capital Association to provide private equity professionals with a thorough overview of the critical aspects of a typical buyout transaction.
Continuing the focus of McDermott’s live Boot Camp events and Private Equity Boot Camp webcast presentations, this fast-paced, interactive event will use a case study approach to explore the many components of and considerations involved in buyout transactions. Devin Mathews, managing partner at Chicago Growth Partners (CGP), will join us to review opportunities to consider and pitfalls to avoid in deal structuring and negotiating.
Participants are sure to gain practical knowledge and a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of deal-making. The event will encourage substantive interaction among private equity professionals as well as informal networking immediately following.
Located at a new hot spot in Chicago’s West Loop, the Private Equity Boot Camp promises to be a must-attend event. Topics to be covered include:
- Driving value through choice of transaction structure
- Developing key management incentives; understanding restrictive covenants
- Structuring the investment vehicle, including preferred/common stock structures and differences between stock and limited liability company interests
- Key equity terms from drag along to repurchase rights
- Critical due diligence and the impact of findings on valuation and deal structure
For more information, please contact Maura Donnantuono at (212) 547-5847.
CLE credit is pending in California, Illinois and New York. Certificates of Attendance will be made available for participants requesting CLE credit in all other states.