The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) is the largest climate change legislation ever enacted in the United States and abroad, and it will have a powerful impact not only in the energy space but also in the healthcare and hospital sectors. It includes provisions that offer new financial incentives to hospitals investing in renewable energy, emissions reduction and energy efficiency.
Our Global Energy and Project Finance group is currently leading the “great re-think” of energy markets and other sectors in response to the Act while driving first-in-kind transactions under the IRA.
In this webinar, members of McDermott’s Global Energy and Project Finance practice team up with our Health Policy team at McDermott+Consulting to break down the key opportunities and actionable steps stakeholders of your in-house team need to know to take advantage of the IRA, including:
- Highlighting the key provisions and the incentives they hold for hospitals.
- An update on how the Biden administration is approaching climate change and healthcare.
- Understanding eligibility rules for for-profit and tax-exempt institutions.
- Tracking funding sources and applying for tax credits and deductions.
- Documentation requirements to qualify for tax credits and deductions.
- Reporting or future requirements for benefit recipients.
- Understanding initial investment cost and cost savings outlook for energy investments.
- How these provisions can supplement other sources of energy improvement funding.