China has a new privacy law taking effect on November 1, 2021 that will have a broad impact. PIPL is its data protection law and anyone who has data on Chinese residents needs to take action. Do you have Chinese visitors to your website, Chinese employees or subcontractors, or do you buy from China and have information on people in China? Then you need to know more.
Join McDermott partner Michael Morgan and associate Wendy Zhang for a live event hosted by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and sponsored by Secruiti. Register now.
The panel discussion will include industry leaders Bill Dummett, CPO & Associate General Counsel at Genesys, and Srinivas Avasarala, VP of Product Management at Securiti, as they explore:
- How PIPL compares to DSL, China’s Cybersecurity law, GDPR and CCPA
- Who is impacted? Does it apply extraterritorially?
- How is data categorized, what is national core data and how is it different?
- What are key obligations for organizations under the PIPL and DSL?
- How do CSL, DSL and PIPL restrict cross-border transfers? Can I move data outside China?
- Do I need to register and how do I do this?
Dan Toland, CIPP/US, CIPM, Privacy Program Consultant, IAPP
Nigel Hawthorn, EMEA Marketing Director, Securiti
Bill Dummett, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, CPO & Associate General Counsel, Genesys
Michael Morgan, CIPP/US, US Head Global Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice, McDermott Will & Emery
Wendy Zhang, CIPP/US, Associate, Global Privacy and Cybersecurity, McDermott Will & Emery
Srinivas Avasarala, CIPT, VP Product Management, Securiti