Taylor J. Berman advises clients on corporate and transactional matters, with a focus on cross-border and domestic mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures for private equity sponsors and private companies. Taylor also provides general corporate counseling to clients and portfolio companies regarding corporate governance and post-merger integration matters. Taylor has represented clients and investors across a variety of industries, including healthcare, food & beverage, transportation & logistics, and industrials.
During law school, Taylor served as a teaching assistant for legal writing and appellate advocacy, general editor of the Florida Journal of International Law, and member of the Florida Moot Court Team.
- Represented WindRose Health Investors, LLC, a leading health care-focused private equity firm, in its sale of Trust Healthcare Consulting Services, LLC, a provider of health information management, remote and outsourced coding, and compliance monitoring services, to a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group
- Represented private equity firm Nautic Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Harrington Industrial Plastics, LLC, a leading US-based distributor of industrial plastic piping products
- Represented a private equity fund in its formation of a cybersecurity and data center colocation joint venture with another international private equity firm via the acquisition of data centers and four portfolio companies for approximately $2.8 billion*
- Represented a publicly traded HVAC-R equipment distributor in connection with a secondary offering of approximately $609 million of its common stock*
- Represented a publicly traded medical device company in its approximately $737 million sale to a global private equity firm*
- Represented a privately held equipment finance company in an approximately $130 million sale to a publicly traded bank*
- Represented a privately held company that connects independent call center businesses to large companies for on-demand customer service in its approximately $86 million acquisition by a private equity firm*
* Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD, cum laude, 2016
Washington University in St. Louis, BA, with honors, 2013