Sarah J. Fischer focuses her practice on intellectual property patent litigation and patent licensing disputes, particularly for life-science, pharmaceutical and high-tech clients, in district court and before the PTAB, on behalf of both patent holders and defendants/petitioners. She handles all facets of pretrial discovery, case management and trial preparations. Sarah also counsels clients on due diligence, pre-suit matters and claim drafting strategies.
Sarah clerked for Chief Judge Ron Clark of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented start up pharmaceutical company in post-grant proceedings*
- Defended generic pharmaceutical company in several suits related to ADHD medications*
- Represented patent owner through trial on matters related to encryption*
- Defended software security company in patent licensing dispute related to machine learning*
- Represented patent owner in multiple patent suits related to method of treatment and method of manufacture claims for an injectable therapeutic*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018 to present
Suffolk University Law School, JD, summa cum laude, 2013
Boston University, MA, Chemistry, 2010
University of Massachusetts Lowell, BS, Chemistry, Minor in History, summa cum laude, 2005
US Patent and Trademark Office
US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas