Greg Mitchell works with healthcare payors and providers to meet the full spectrum of their managed care and reimbursement arrangement needs. He works closely with managed care organizations, insurers, hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers, and other organizations both large and small to negotiate and draft managed care agreements, network participation agreements, and more. Greg is experienced across a variety of arrangements and models, including fee-for-service, value-based care, bundled payment, shared savings and shared loss models, gainsharing and capitation arrangements.
With a deep understanding of state and federal regulations, including insurance laws, state intermediary entity regulations and physician incentive plan regulations, Greg is well-positioned to guide clients through the arrangement process from beginning to end with an eye towards proactive compliance throughout the process. Greg is also experienced in the formation of payor-provider joint ventures.
In addition to his legal experience, Greg holds an MS in Bioethics, which gives him a unique perspective on the impact of health policy and business decisions and provides additional value to his clients.
- Negotiated and drafted a full-risk, pre-paid capitation arrangement between a large academic health system and a payor across multiple lines of business, including agreements to delegate the performance of management services from the payor to the health system*
- Negotiated and drafted various documents, ranging from corporate documents to participation agreements with value-based compensation, for a joint venture between a payor and a large academic health system to jointly offer a Medicare Advantage plan*
- Represented a large provider group on contract negotiations with various payors*
- Advised a telehealthcare management provider on a corporate strategy for creating provider networks in 50 states and entering into risk-based*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Health Care Law, 2021 to 2023
Emory University School of Law, JD, 2013
Union Graduate College & Mount Sinai School of Medicine, MS, 2013
Union College, BA, cum laude, 2010
US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
US District Court for the Southern District of New York