Bernard (Bernie) P. Grondin focuses on representing private equity funds, strategic investors, and founders/owners-operators in complex corporate transactions, including leverage buyouts, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), debt and equity investments and joint ventures. Bernie also has extensive experience advising buyers, sellers, founders and joint ventures partners in negotiating, documenting, facilitating and consummating transactions involving health care companies. He also concentrates on representing public and private corporations and other entities in connection with M&A, spin-offs, joint ventures, liquidity events and general corporate governance. In addition, he has represented issuers, including blank check companies, in initial public offerings and acted as corporate counsel to publicly trade companies.
Bernie speaks regularly at the Firm’s industry and legal symposia on a range of subjects, including trends in the ambulatory surgery center (ASC) industry, margin sustainability and growth strategies, effective supply management and structuring health care deals.
- Represented several middle market private equity funds in various health care M&A transactions such as acquisitions of, or investments in, substance abuse and behavioral health facilities, dental management service organizations, clinical testing labs, home health care software solutions, senior living facilities, and a risk and data analytics company
- Represented founders and/or sellers of health care-related businesses to private equity funds or strategic buyers, including the sale of urgent care centers, national and regional medical and/or clinical provider groups (including in the fields of pain management, hospitalists, radiology, dermatology and family practice), a health and wellness technology company, outpatient mental health and addiction treatment programs and clinics, dental management companies, ambulatory surgery centers and related ancillary services (including labs, imaging centers and pharmacies), and addiction recovery and behavioral health treatment centers
- Represented private equity funds and strategic investors in acquisitions and divestitures relating to drayage providers and leaders in international and domestic transportation solutions, a retail specialty jewelry store chain, non-vessel operating common carriers (NVOCC), a janitorial and facilities management company, a franchise operating leading national provider of vehicle damage repair services, a specialty retailer of upscale branded women’s casual and working apparel, a leading flexible packaging converter, a travel agent franchisor and a cloud-based fax services company
- Represented public companies in a $1.5 billion reverse-acquisition of Promotora de Informaciones, S.A., a Spanish media conglomerate, a $6.4 billion acquisition of Pearl Group Limited and related entities, a $185 million purchase of an infrastructure and alternative energy contractor, and a $3.4 billion acquisition of GLG Partners LP and related entities
- Chambers USA, 2016 and 2022
- The M&A Advisor, Emerging Leaders Award, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2020 to 2023
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2009 to 2015
- American Health Lawyers Association
University of Miami School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2004
University of Miami, BBA, cum laude, 2001
District of Columbia