Michael Hacker focuses his practice on mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, and joint ventures, primarily representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies across many industries, including healthcare services. Michael also supports private equity portfolio companies and other business with counsel on day to day operations, including employment matters, equity incentives, commercial contracts, and corporate governance. Michael builds creative solutions by understanding clients’ business needs to complete transactions without added complexity.
Michael is appointed as an attorney ad litem by Lawyers for Children America to represent a foster youth. Michael also serves on McDermott’s Technology Advisory Board. He is also an alumni of the Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary.
- Represented Gauge Capital in its acquisition of Comprehensive EyeCare Partners, a management services organization providing business support services to ophthalmologists and optometrists, and multiple related add-on acquisitions.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisitions of Reliant Rehabilitation, a provider of therapy services to skilled nursing facilities, and Milestone Technologies, a provider of managed information technology services to global enterprises, and in its carve-out acquisition of BIC Graphic from Société BIC S.A.
- Represented Comvest Partners in its acquisition of Engage2Excel, a provider of employee recognition solutions, and its add-on acquisition of Rideau, Inc., and in the strategic merger of its portfolio company Sunteck Transport Group with TTS, LLC to create SunteckTTS, a multimodal, agent-based freight management service provider.
- Represented Comvest Partners in it sales of SunteckTTS, Red Hawk Fire & Security, a provider of commercial fire, life safety and security services, and FastMed Urgent Care, an independent urgent care network.
- Represented the founder of International Designs Corporation in its sale to Beauty Industry Group.
- Represented the founder of Water’s Edge Dermatology in its sale to Gryphon Healthcare.
- Represented DermCare Management in its recapitalization by Hildred Capital Management.
- Represented WindRose Health Investors in its acquisition of Kolmac Clinic, LLC, an operator of outpatient addiction treatment centers, and its recapitalization of Healthmap Solutions, Inc.
- Chambers USA 2020 to 2022 Up and Coming for Corporate/M&A & Private Equity – South Florida
- Super Lawyers, 2017 to 2020 Rising Star for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lawyers for Children America, attorney ad litem
University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2013
University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Business, MBA, 2013
University of Florida, BA, 2009