David R. Hurst focuses his practice on complex business reorganizations, debt restructurings and insolvency matters. He represents public and private companies in out-of-court restructurings, prepackaged bankruptcies and traditional Chapter 11 cases. His debtor-side representations have spanned a wide variety of industries, including biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, chemicals, communications, healthcare, hedge funds, manufacturing and retail.
David also has considerable experience representing creditor committees (both official and ad hoc), bankruptcy trustees, plan administrators and liquidating trusts, directors and boards of directors, lenders, secured and unsecured creditors and asset purchasers in a wide variety of bankruptcy and restructuring matters.
- Represented a global specialty pharmaceutical company in its Chapter 11 proceeding in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware*
- Represented a biotechnology company in its Chapter 11 proceeding in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware*
- Represented a nationally-integrated eye care and hearing systems provider in its Chapter 11 proceeding in the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- Chambers USA 2021 and 2022, Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Delaware, Band 2
- The Legal 500 US 2021 and 2022, Restructuring (including bankruptcy): Corporate
Harvard Law School, JD, 1998
Drexel University, BS, 1992
US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
US District Court for the District of Delaware
US District Court for the Southern District of New York
District of Columbia