Amanda Jester works with healthcare clients and investors to structure and execute sophisticated transactions, focusing on driving innovation while navigating the complexities of federal and state regulatory issues. Amanda works with organizations across the United States, with a particular emphasis on the Texas market. Amanda’s focus on the southern healthcare market allows her to counsel clients from inside and outside the region on the nuances of working in this rapidly growing space. Amanda is a practice area leader for the PPM practice.
Amanda has deep experience working with physician practices, private equity funds, hospitals and specialized service providers, helping them execute mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other collaborations in an increasingly competitive landscape. Her focus on transactions involving physician practices makes her uniquely attuned to the complex physician integration and compensation issues, among other factors unique to these deals, which can complicate the transaction process for those outside this transactions subsector.
Amanda’s experience in specialized healthcare services, including fertility, women’s health, gastroenterology, dermatology, dental, and hospital-based medicine, among others, makes her a valuable asset to investors as they navigate due diligence and the unique regulatory issues facing each area. Her deep relationships in the private equity space allow her to support her clients as they seek out strategic relationships to advance their care delivery goals.
- Advised multiple emergency medicine, anesthesia and radiology groups in transactions with strategic partners ranging in value from $10 million to $350 million*
- Advised a private equity company as regulatory counsel on its acquisition of a network of dental clinics in Texas *
- Advised a private equity company as regulatory counsel on its acquisition of a large urgent care services provider in Florida*
- Advised four physician-owned IVF laboratories in their formation of a national platform company for investment by a health care private equity company*
- Advised the physician owners in the recapitalization of a national fertility services network by a global investment management company*
- Represented a tax-exempt hospital system in the $145 million sale of two acute-care hospitals, a psychiatric hospital, an assisted living facility, a home health agency, a hospice and physician practices to a national owner and operator of hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Advised multiple private equity clients on the healthcare regulatory issues associated with investment in physician practice management companies
- Assisted a major private third-party payor with the acquisition of an 80+ physician multi-specialty group practice
- Serves as lead acquisition and regulatory counsel for a national physician practice management company with over 500 physicians in 10+ states
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- Chambers USA 2020 and 2022
- Chambers USA Recognized Practitioner, 2019
- Chambers USA Rising Star, 2013
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013, 2015 to 2017
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Association
University of Chicago Law School, JD, 2003
Austin College, BA, 2000