Dominika Korytek focuses her practice on international tax planning, with an emphasis on technology companies. She advises clients on tax strategies for international expansion, domestic and international acquisitions, reorganizations and dispositions.
Dominika also advises clients related to international tax planning in mergers and acquisitions, dual consolidated loss issues, permanent establishment risk analysis, withholding tax and indirect (VAT/GST) tax planning. She also works closely with policy teams to obtain tax rulings and exemptions outside of the US.
She is a frequent author and speaker on topics pertaining to international taxation.
- Advised majority shareholders of Magic Labs on its USD 3 billion disposition of market leading social networking and dating apps to Blackstone*
- Advised Alpha Technologies Group of Companies as lead tax counsel in connection with its USD 750 million business disposition to EnerSys*
- Advised CommScope Holding Co. Inc. on international tax issues around the world with respect to its USD 3 billion acquisition and integration of Swiss-based TE Connectivity’s network business*
- Advised on international tax aspects of a disposition of a pharmaceutical business line worth over USD 14 billion in more than 28 countries*
- Acted as a member of the tax team that was involved in Bemis Company Inc.’s USD 1.2 billion acquisition of the Food Americas operations of Alcan Packaging, a business unit of Rio Tinto plc, which included flexible packaging facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and New Zealand*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- International Tax Review, Women in Tax Leader, 2018 to present
Georgetown University Law Center, LLM Taxation, 2005
Thomas Jefferson School of Law, JD, 2003
Cornell University, BA, 2000