Robert S. Mower focuses his practice on real estate structured finance. He represents large institutional lenders, international investment banks and private equity firms in the structuring and origination of complex mortgage, mezzanine and equity financings. Robert lived in London, England from 2006 to 2015 and, while there, represented international lenders in connection with commercial real estate financings for some of the most iconic buildings in London, including The Shard at London Bridge and One Hyde Park in Knightsbridge.
Robert has extensive experience in the tranching and servicing of real estate-based loans, as well as the distribution of loans and loan interests through participations, intercreditor and co-lender arrangements, syndications and other sale transactions. He is also experienced in the restructuring and workout of troubled loans and the sale of mortgage and mezzanine loan interests and loan portfolios secured by distressed real estate assets. While living in Europe, Robert represented several large institutional lenders in connection with the post-financial crisis disposition of their commercial real estate portfolios
- Represented a participating lender in connection with the purchase of a pari passu interest in, and the co-lender arrangements with respect to, the $1 billion construction financing for Central Park Tower, a supertall mixed-use commercial/residential project being developed by the Extell Development Company and Shanghai Municipal Investment Group in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, which, when completed, will become the second-tallest building in the United States*
- Represented a large institutional lender in connection with commercial mortgage financing of the $290 million acquisition by Korea-based Hana Asset Management and Los Angeles-based Ocean West Capital Partners of the five-building, 460,000-square-foot, DreamWorks Animation studio campus in Glendale, California, including structuring and negotiating the co-lender arrangements among the various lenders participating in the financing*
- Represented a New York-based institutional investor, as equity partner in a joint venture vehicle with Blue Rock Partners, a Canadian-based investment firm, in connection with the $37.3 million acquisition by the joint venture of Pinebrook Apartments, a 309-unit multifamily community in Miami, Florida*
- Represented a New York-based institutional investor, as equity partner in a joint venture vehicle with Shopoff Realty Investments of Irvine, California, in connection with the $52.7 million acquisition by the joint venture of the Brookside Mobile Home Park in El Monte, California, comprised of 421 mobile home sites set on more than 45 acres*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- Robert has been active in representing clients of the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund in connection with court appearances in New York City.
- While living in London, Robert was actively involved with the steering committee of the UK branch of Immigration Equality, a leading LGBTQ immigrant rights organization.
- Robert participates in the Read Ahead program in New York City and enjoys spending one lunch-hour each week reading with the students of PS 111 in Midtown Manhattan.
New York University School of Law, JD, cum laude, 1993
Bowdoin College, BA, magna cum laude, 1986