Timothy (Ty) Carson advises clients on all facets of the merger review and clearance process, with a focus on compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and related rules. His deep antitrust and competition experience includes six years at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), where he advised on pre-merger notifications, investigations and several full-phase enforcement actions.
Drawing on this real-world agency insight, Ty helps clients by securing merger clearances quickly and efficiently. He has represented clients in both litigation and transactional matters before the US Department of Justice, the FTC and various state agencies.
- Represented Siemens in the formation of a joint venture with the John Wood Group to create a global rotating equipment service provider*
- Represented AT&T in its acquisition of Leap Wireless International*
- Represented Flowers Foods in its acquisition of the Hostess bread assets*
- Represented United Technologies in its acquisition of Goodrich*
- Represented Fletcher Allen Partners in its affiliation with Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Center and Elizabethtown Community Hospital*
- Represented AT&T in its acquisition of Centennial Communications*
- Represented DuPont in its acquisitions of MECS and Danisco*
- Represented Coventry Health Care in its acquisitions of Preferred Health Systems and Mercy Health Plans*
- Represented Reed Elsevier Group in its acquisition of ChoicePoint*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- Janet Steiger Award (Advocate/NorthShore Litigation Team)
American University, Washington College of Law, JD, cum laude, 2007
Towson University, BS, cum laude, 2002
District of Columbia