Scott A. Weinberg has extensive experience in all areas of real estate finance, acquisitions, dispositions and leasing for both institutional and non-institutional clients.
In particular, Scott has experience representing lenders including commercial banks (foreign and domestic), insurance companies, specialty finance companies and REIT’s in the origination of commercial mortgage loans (construction, interim and permanent), mezzanine loans and preferred equity. Scott is also well-versed in securitizations, mortgage loan repurchase/warehouse facilities, loan portfolio purchases and sales, syndications and participations.
Scott also represents borrowers and lenders in restructurings and workouts involving complex loan structures, as well as purchasers and sellers of distressed debt.
- Represented Natixis in its $125 million financing for the ground-up construction of a mixed-use building at One Light Street in Baltimore*
- Represented family office in sale of 11 Madison Avenue, New York for $2.5 billion, the largest single building office sale ever*
- Represented an investment bank in the sale of a portfolio of four performing loans aggregating $760 million to a foreign bank*
- Represented a foreign bank on a $300 million construction loan to a public REIT for medical office and laboratory space in Cambridge, Massachusetts*
- Represented a foreign bank on a $280 million construction loan for the renovation of a former hospital property in the Gramercy Park area of Manhattan into luxury condominiums*
- Represented a specialty finance company on a $150 million mortgage loan and $35 million mezzanine loan on a retail shopping center in Lombard, Illinois*
- Represented a public mortgage REIT on with a $230 million loan to a private owner for an investment grade office building in Manhattan; subsequently represented the REIT in the sale of the loan to a pension fund*
- Represented a specialty finance company in originating several related mortgage loans aggregating $205 million on GSA leased properties in 10 states*
- Represented a foreign bank on a $275 million floating rate mortgage financing secured by a major retail center in Queens, New York*
- Represented a hedge fund on a junior mezzanine loan of $90 million (total debt stack of $390 million) on a historic hotel in Chicago, Illinois*
- Represented a mortgage REIT in several billion dollars of mortgage loan repurchase and warehouse facilities*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2022 and 2023
- Chambers USA, 2022
- The Legal 500 US 2019
- New York State Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
New York University School of Law, JD, 1988
University of Missouri – Columbia, BS, magna cum laude, 1985