Kate Williams focuses her practice on transactional matters in commercial real estate, with a particular focus on the energy and health care industries.
Kate has previously worked in the commercial mortgage backed securities division of a large international bank where she worked on financings in connection with the acquisition and disposition of commercial real property and negotiated various office, retail and industrial leases.
During law school, Kate was a member of the Ely Chapter of Lambda Alpha Student Organization. She graduated with distinction for outstanding achievement in real estate and received her LL.M in real estate law.
- Represented a private equity-backed health care system operator in a $1.25 billion transaction which involved the acquisition of real estate interests in nine acute care hospitals and numerous ancillary owned and leased properties under a complex tax-driven master lease and mortgage loan structure
- Represented a private equity-backed health care system operator, in connection with its $301 million transaction which involved the acquisition all of the personal property and operations related to eight hospitals in various locations
- Represented the purchaser in its acquisition of five development stage distributed solar projects
- Represented a regulated utility in the negotiation and execution of various real estate documents in connection with the purchase (at mechanical completion) of the development stage 200 MW Elliott Solar Project
- American Bar Association, group vice chair of Real Estate Financing Group; chair of the Office Leasing Committee; editor of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law (RPTE) section’s E-Report
- Newton MA Public Schools Parent Teacher Organization, board member
University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, LLM, 2007
University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, JD, with distinction, 2005
DePaul University, BA, 1999
Courts / Agencies
US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Illinois Supreme Court
Massachusetts Supreme Court