McDermott proudly sponsors Africa In Focus event as part of the World Energy Capital Assembly, taking place on in London on November 28-29.
Shah Jahan Khandokar will be moderating the panel, Re-Defining a Just and Pragmatic Transition; balancing the “energy trilemma” of net-zero carbon emissions, energy security, and affordability on November 29.
- Caught in the Middle; Responsible for only 4% of all emissions but most exposed to the impacts of climate change: How should we be approaching the transition on the continent?
- Fossil fuels vs renewables: Is it realistic to expect developing economies to transition away from affordable fossil fuels? What are the alternatives?
- If the success of a just transition is to be measured in social outcomes, how much importance do the S and the G of ESG have on the continent?
- Reshaping how we define, source and deploy finance in Africa moving forwards
- Oil vs Gas vs Renewables: Following recent geo-political developments, have IOC agendas changed? What do small-mid cap player energy transition strategies look like?
See the full agenda and register here.