Join us on October 19 (ET), October 20 (CST) 2021 for a virtual event held jointly by Fangda Partners (China) and McDermott Will & Emery (US and Europe). In this webinar we will be focusing on recent international trade compliance updates, including US and EU export controls issues, US trade sanctions, Chinese Military-Industrial Complex Companies and Anti-Foreign Sanctions Law (AFSL) of China, held jointly by Fangda Partners (China) and McDermott Will & Emery (US and Europe).
1. Emerging Export Control Issues
- The trend on US’s enhanced controls on export of emerging and foundational technology controls and the impact to Chinese companies; Trend of enforcement by Biden Administration
- Increased control targeting MEUs in China: the specific rules on MEU/how to identify MEUs/the trend on regulating export to MEUs in China
- Recent updates of the new EU export control regulation
2. General and Special Sanctions in the US
- Analysis of President’s executive orders – Trumps’ decisions and Biden’s new Administration reviews
- Use of US secondary sanctions to reach Chinese companies
- Recent special sanctions – what are the Xinjiang-related sanctions and how it may affect Chinese companies’ business
3. Chinese Military-Industrial Complex Companies list
4. Anti-Foreign Sanctions Law of PRC
- How the laws are relevant to multinational companies?
- The potential conflicts between the US sanction and export control laws with the AFSL
- Guidance to multinational companies
Followed by a Q&A session.
STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE
Interested in receiving articles on similar topics as they are published? Subscribe for timely email updates or contact us to discuss more…