Watch the video.
Listen to the podcast.
McDermott Health Podcast Channel · Sprint Ready: Making Sense of the Stark Law and AKS Final Rules – Top Changes You Need to Know
On November 20, the Department of Health and Human Services released final rules amending the regulations to the Stark law and the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS). These final rules represent arguably the most significant changes to these regulations in the last decade.
In this video – the first in an ongoing series to help you navigate these significant changes – Health partners Nicholas Alarif, Tony Maida, Joan Polacheck, and Monica Wallace discuss:
- How the final rules support the move toward value-based care
- Changes to the “Big Three” definitions of commercial reasonableness, fair market value and volume/value
- Which changes will have an immediate impact on providers, and which changes will impact them over a longer term
- Noteworthy changes to the AKS safe harbors and reduced regulatory burdens
- Noteworthy changes to the Stark Law exceptions and AKS safe harbors and reduced regulatory burdens
Watch video 2 and listen to the podcast here.
Watch video 3 and listen to the podcast here.
STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE
Interested in receiving articles on similar topics as they are published? Subscribe for timely email updates or contact us to discuss more…