The Internal Revenue Service has released a long-awaited proposed rule to implement section 45Q of the Internal Revenue Code, the statutory provision that creates a tax credit for capturing and sequestering carbon dioxide. The proposed regulations clarify several issues, but invite confusion about others. Read our recent alert for highlights of key features of the proposed regulations.
On Thursday, June 11, McDermott will host Ken Ditzel, managing director at FTI Consulting, to discuss perspectives on the state of the market for carbon capture and opportunities in the industry.
During this 30-minute, complimentary webinar, we will discuss:
- The tax equity market’s likely response to this guidance,
- The near- and medium-term outlook for carbon capture,
- The socioeconomic impacts of Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage project build-out,
- The most interesting opportunities in the space and
- Key topics developers of carbon capture project developers should be thinking about.
STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE
Interested in receiving articles on similar topics as they are published? Subscribe for timely email updates or contact us to discuss more…