For all of your needs on the full spectrum of global oil and gas transactions, you can turn to our highly qualified team for practical solutions founded on decades of experience in domestic and international matters. Whether you lead a public or private company, private equity firm, national oil company or family office, or if you are a sovereign, individual or other investor in the oil and gas sector, we provide you with the highest quality of legal counsel across the full range of the oil and gas industry, including upstream, midstream or downstream matters.
You benefit from both our local capabilities and global presence across offices ranging from Texas and New York to London and Paris, where our skilled lawyers collaborate with leading practitioners in complementary areas, including our first-class regulatory, tax, environmental, cybersecurity, litigation and corporate teams. Together, we deliver exceptional service on your domestic and international transactions and development projects, commercial contracts, corporate governance matters, private debt and equity financings, regulatory matters and portfolio company investments. When needed, we can also guide you through bankruptcy or restructuring proceedings.
Our lawyers have negotiated and advised on oil and gas matters such as:
- Upstream asset acquisitions and divestitures (including deals involving the transfer of leasehold and mineral fee interests, royalties and overriding royalties, and both operated and non-operated assets)
- Midstream and downstream stock and asset acquisitions (including acquisitions of refineries, terminals and retail sites)
- Mergers, divestitures and acquisitions of corporate entities and related joint ventures (including joint ventures for power, terminal, LNG and downstream operations)
- Investment and financing
- Portfolio company formation
- Construction and development of gathering and long-haul transportation pipelines, processing plants and other similar facilities
- Throughput, supply, offtake and terminal services agreements related to downstream facilities
- Oil, gas and water gathering, transportation, processing, disposal and marketing agreements
- Farm-in and farm-outs agreements
- Joint operating agreements
- Participation agreements
- Concessions, licenses and oil and gas leases
- Production sharing agreements
- Credit and security agreements and note purchase agreements for private placements
- Master services agreements, jetty services agreements and other related operations agreements
- Other transactions involving the exploration for, production, marketing, transport and refining of oil and gas and their refined products
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings, along with serving as debtor’s counsel in bankruptcy proceedings
Our team’s experience spans most of the producing basins in the United States, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, East Texas, Barnett, Haynesville, Marcellus, Bakken, Williston and Piceance basins, as well as offshore Gulf of Mexico and various international jurisdictions in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
Using our deep understanding of the full span and interrelated nature of the oil and gas industry, we make it our top priority to help you anticipate and navigate legal issues, exceed your commercial and investment objectives and achieve short-term and long-term success for your project.