The legal cannabis industry is expected to triple to $32 billion by 2022 and to more than $47 billion by 2028. With private equity, cosmetic, alcohol and non-alcohol beverage, health and wellness companies beginning to invest, the cannabis industry continues to grow and evolve at a rapid pace. This anticipated investment and growth, combined with an expanding list of states legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational use, has led to rapid changes to legislation and regulations that are important for companies to carefully consider.
McDermott’s multidisciplinary team of lawyers provides clients with regulatory, litigation, intellectual property, trade and tax services with respect to their investments and participation in the cannabis industry, all subject to the Firm’s obligations under federal and state laws and bar licensure rules.
Our experience includes:
- Providing regulatory advice to companies making or considering strategic investments into the cannabis industry, including major food, beverage and agribusiness brands, healthcare and life sciences companies, private equity firms and family offices
- Advising professional services firms and financial institutions on their provision of services to the cannabis industry
- Helping a range of cannabis industry participants to navigate the legislative and regulatory complexities and risks associated with this relatively new market
We are committed to guiding our clients as a knowledgeable and innovative partner. We understand the complexities associated with evolving legislation and are dedicated to staying abreast of relevant industry and legal developments.
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Alcohol Industry
- Life Sciences
- Private Equity
- Government & Lobbying Strategies