Justin P. Aiello works with healthcare providers and private equity sponsors in a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic contractual agreements. He structures transactions and financial arrangements to meet the business goals of all stakeholders while complying with an array of complex state and federal healthcare regulations. He is experienced in advising his clients on the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, corporate practice of medicine laws, state licensure laws and regulations, and rules related to government (Medicare and Medicaid) and private reimbursement. Justin also counsels his clients beyond the closing of the transaction to manage day-to-day regulatory matters, employment matters, equity incentives, commercial contracts and corporate governance issues.
Justin focuses on transactions involving physician practice management companies (PPMs) and ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs). In the PPM space, he leads transactions between private equity sponsors and professional healthcare practices of varying specialties, including ophthalmology, optometry, gastroenterology, dermatology, dentistry, urology, radiology, OB/GYN and behavioral health. His sector-specific experience provides him with a comprehensive understanding of the relevant regulatory and business considerations in each of these spaces. In the ASC space, he leads transactions involving the purchase and sale of equity, and hospital joint venture arrangements with, both single and multi-specialty ASCs.
- Represents Unified Women’s Healthcare, a portfolio company of the Ares Private Equity Group, in PPM transactions with OB/GYN practices around the United States.
- Represents US Eye, a portfolio company of Pamlico Partners, in PPM transactions with eye care practices around the United States.
- Represents Twin Boro Management, a portfolio company of The Beekman Group, in PPM transactions with physical therapy practices in the Northeastern United States.
- Represents Community Health Systems, Inc., a public company, in its acquisition of majority and minority equity positions in single and multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers around the United States.
- Represented Blue Sea Capital in its acquisition of Bay Area Oral Surgery Management, a practice management company that provides administrative services to oral surgery practices around the United States.
- Represented Boyne Capital Partners in its acquisition of ACPDO Management, a practice management company that provides administrative services to dental practices in Florida.
- Represented Vitreo-Retinal Medical Group, Inc. (d/b/a Retinal Consultants Medical Group), Northern California’s premier eye and retinal physician-care practice, in its affiliation with Webster Equity Partners and the formation of Retinal Consultants of America, a practice management organization serving retina providers throughout the United States.
- Represented three separate Pennsylvania-based gastroenterology practices in a simultaneous and combined transaction with Amulet Capital Partners and the formation of U.S. Digestive Health, a practice management organization serving gastroenterology providers throughout the United States.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami, Big Brother
University of Miami School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2013
University of Florida, BS, 2010