Caitlin M. Harrington focuses her practice on corporate and transactional matters, including debt finance transactions from initiation to post-close.
Caitlin represents banks, private equity funds, joint ventures and companies in a variety of secured and unsecured debt finance transactions. She works on all aspects of negotiations for borrower, senior secured lender, subordinated lender and middlemarket loans, as well as cash flow, mezzanine and asset-based loans.
Caitlin’s prior experience also includes drafting and filing complaints, answers, counter-claims and third-party complaints focused on healthcare fraud cases, the Federal False Claims Act (FCA) and the Michigan Condominium Act.
- Represented mezzanine lender on a $6,000,000 loan transaction; drafted ancillary loan documents and negotiated finalized terms; ran closing*
- Represented senior lender on a $46,000,000 asset-based loan to a healthcare joint venture; drafted guaranty and collateral agreement, closing certificate and other ancillary loan documents; reviewed and revised professional corporation documents*
- Represented insurance-carrier borrower on a $90,000,000 loan transaction; negotiated payoff letter, collateral assignments, LLC agreements and other loan and security documents; assisted with running closing and solely handled post-closing agreements*
- Revised organizational documents for Women in Healthcare and Life Sciences, a 501(c)3 corporation*
- Negotiated licensing agreement terms with hospitals nationwide for American Burn Association, an Illinois general not-for-profit*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
University of Michigan Law School, JD, 2019
University of Michigan, MS, 2016
University of Michigan, BS, 2014