Pankit J. Doshi serves as the Office Managing Partner for the Firm’s San Francisco and Silicon Valley Office.
Pankit focuses his practice on preventative counseling and representing employers in both state and federal courts up through trial and appeal. Pankit serves as lead counsel on cases involving issues related to prosecution and defense of unfair business competition claims, including trade secret misappropriation and restrictive covenant enforcement, independent contractor misclassification, whistleblower complaints, wage and hour disputes and individual claims for wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation and breach of contract claims. Pankit also regularly defends employers in complex wage and hour class action and representative actions around the country.
Pankit provides advice and counseling to employers of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to startups, on a full-spectrum of labor and employment issues, among them structuring of restrictive covenants, advising on employment compliance strategies, evaluating independent contractor and exempt status relationships, preparing executive employment agreements and protecting intellectual property. He has also assisted companies with nationwide wage and hour and misclassification audits, as well as highly sensitive workplace harassment investigations.
Pankit is experienced in handling employment matters across numerous industries, including automotive, construction, consulting, entertainment, financial services, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, retail, security, technology, telecommunications and transportation.
Pankit represents employers at trial, administrative hearings and during investigations by various state and federal agencies, including the US Department of Labor, the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the California Department of Industrial Relations – Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Pankit frequently lectures at annual meetings on employment law issues around the country.
- Represented nationwide telecommunications company at trial in a complex 14-year wage and hour class action case and related cross-complaints against third party staffing companies
- Represented large healthcare company and hospital at trial in a disability discrimination, harassment and retaliation lawsuit alleging twelve causes of action; resulted in a successful defense verdict on all claims
- Lead counsel in a complex trade secrets and non-compete action for a financial services company resulting in litigation in both California and Delaware; prevailed after preliminary injunction was successfully granted
- Lead counsel in a non-compete and non-solicit action for a technology company; prevailed after preliminary injunction was successfully granted
- Provide advice and counsel to major multinational companies for implementation of policies for companywide trade secrets and restrictive covenant compliance; file temporary restraining orders and motions for preliminary injunction to protect and/or enforce trade secrets
- Represented nationwide transportation company in a wage and hour class action; achieved successful dismissal of meal and rest break claims after motion for judgment on the pleadings granted based on preemption pursuant to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration guidance
- Represented large nationwide transportation company and subsidiaries in multiple wage and hour class action cases in California, Washington and Oregon
- Represented major construction company in a nationwide FLSA collective action in Tennessee; resulted in a favorable settlement of all claims
- Represented major airline company in a high profile whistleblower and breach of contract case brought by a former captain
- Represented nationwide retail company in federal court against claims for retaliation, harassment, discrimination, failure to accommodate and wrongful termination; case successfully settled on eve of trial
- Represented staffing and recruiting firm associated with federal contracts in two U.S. Department of Labor wage and hour audits
- Represented trucking company in single plaintiff disability discrimination case; case dismissed after court granted motion to compel arbitration
- Represented Oklahoma-based oil drilling company in complex wage and hour class action; case successfully settled
- Provided labor and employment advice to companies operating in the gig economy on a variety of issues, including independent contractor arrangements, temporary employees and compliance
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Management, 2023
- Thomson Reuters, Stand-out Lawyer – independently rated lawyers, 2023
- Legal 500 US 2021
- NAPABA Best Lawyers Under 40 Award, 2020
- Super Lawyers Northern and Southern California, Rising Star, 2008 to 2010, 2013 to 2020
- South Asian Bar Association of Southern California, Inaugural “Young Luminary” Award Rising Star, 2011
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, President, 2017 to 2018
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Vice President for Programs and Operations, 2015 to 2016; Treasurer, 2013 to 2015; Regional Governor, California Central District, 2012 to 2013; Co-Chair, Litigation Committee, 2011 to 2012
- ABA, Coalition on Racial and Ethnic Justice, Appointed Member, 2018 to present
- ABA TIPS Employment Law and Litigation General Committee, Vice Chair, 2013 to 2016
- ABA TIPS Trial Techniques General Committee, Vice Chair, 2013 to 2016
- ABA TIPS Business Litigation General Committee, Vice Chair, 2013 to 2016
- ABA TIPS TortSource Editorial Board, Editor, 2013 to 2014
- ABA TIPS Leadership Academy, 2012 to 2013
- New Leaders Council, Fellow, 2011
- State Bar of California, Appointed, Council on Access and Fairness, 2011 to 2014
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member
- State Bar of California – Labor & Employment Law Section, Member
Loyola Law School – Los Angeles, JD, 2003
California State University – Los Angeles, BA, magna cum laude, 1999
Courts / Agencies
US Supreme Court
US Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit
US District Court for the Northern District of California
US District Court for the Southern District of California
US District Court for the Central District of California
US District Court for the Eastern District of California