Griffin Doty focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, leveraged buyouts, corporate carve-outs, joint ventures and debt and equity investments.
Griffin counsels a diverse range of clients, including, private equity and venture capital funds, privately held companies and financial institutions. He has handled complex transactions across multiple verticals, including health care, consumer goods, payment solutions, traditional and emerging media, data solutions, and entertainment and sports.
Griffin facilitates and closes transactions by working with clients as a trusted advisor to find creative solutions to complex business and legal issues.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital, LLC, in its acquisition of Correct Care Solutions which was merged into Correctional Medical Group Companies to form Wellpath, a leading provider of healthcare services in correctional environments located across nearly 40 states
- Represented H.I.G. Capital, LLC, in its acquisition of Hibu, a leading provider of digital marketing solutions to SMBs across the United States
- Represented Rhône Capital, a transatlantic private equity fund, in its acquisition of Rexair, the manufacturer and distributor of Rainbow® products for indoor environments from Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL)
- Represented Gemspring Capital Management, LLC in the acquisition of Zavation Medical Products
- Represented a consortium of private equity investors in its acquisition of one of the largest oncology providers and research institutes in the United States
- Represented Oprah Winfrey in a strategic partnership with and investment in Weight Watchers*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- Anti-Defamation League, NextGen Lawyers Division, member
Brooklyn Law School, JD, 2012
Bucknell University, BA, with honors, 2009