Fabrizio Faina focuses his practice on M&A and corporate law matters, with an emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, private equity deals, and reorganizations. He regularly advises Italian and international clients in a variety of industry sectors on cross-border and domestic transactions.
In the past, and prior to joining McDermott, Fabrizo spent four years working in Saudi Arabia. With the experience gained during this time, Fabrizio is now regularly involved in acquisitions, joint ventures, and other commercial matters relating to Saudi businesses.
- Advising a US listed company in three Italian acquisitions in the recreational vehicle sector and other automotive sectors*
- Advising a Chinese fund in the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading Italy-based manufacturer of EOAT (end of barm tools) for industrial automation and robotic applications and subsequently advising the same fund, together with other shareholders, in the sale of such company*
- Advising a leading Italian bank in the disposal of its stake in four local banks*
- Advising a German fund in the acquisition and subsequent disposal of the majority stake in a company running a photovoltaic plant in Italy*
- Advising a US listed company in the acquisition of the majority stake in an Italian company manufacturing and delivering off-shore energy systems and in the negotiation of the relevant shareholders’ agreement with the minorities*
- Advising an Italian client in the acquisition of a stake in an Italian company running an Italian highway and the subsequent disposal of a portion of that investment*
- Advising a US listed corporation in the sale of one of its European apparel divisions and in the reorganization of its Italian business activities*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2012 – 2023
University of Rome, JD, 1995