Eric Gilbert focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint ventures and general corporate matters. He routinely represents private equity clients in all aspects of their investments from acquisition through portfolio management/growth until their exit.
Eric has handled many complex transactions during his representation of privately held companies and private equity funds, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, corporate carve-outs, debt and equity investments, and joint ventures. He regularly provides counsel regarding day to day operations including assistance with employment issues, equity incentives and other items that come up, in the life of an investment. Eric has worked on transactions in a wide variety of industries, including technology, consumer goods, real estate, agriculture, hospitality and health care. He is a results-driven practitioner who understands the value in being a deal facilitator and offering creative solutions to help resolve complex issues to close transactions without creating unnecessary complexity and/or friction.
Eric is the national hiring partner for McDermott Will & Emery..
- Represented H.I.G. Capital, LLC, in its acquisition of Trinity Services Group, Inc., a leading food and commissary services company and multiple related add-on acquisitions
- Represented H.I.G. Capital, LLC, in its acquisition of Correct Care Solutions which was merged into Correctional Medical Group Companies to form Wellpath, a leading provider of healthcare services in correctional environments located across nearly 40 states
- Represented Gauge Capital in is acquisition of Comprehensive EyeCare Partners, a practice management business that provides support services to ophthalmologist and optometrists
- Represented Comvest Partners in its acquisition of a leading manufacturer of area rugs and other home décor products
- Represented Securus Technologies, Inc., in multiple domestic and international acquisitions of technology companies that provide technology and other services to the corrections industry
- Represented Gladstone Capital Corporation in connection with multiple debt financings which included equity co-investments
- Represented Boyne Capital Partners in both its acquisition of, and subsequent sale of, B&W Quality Growers, a leading US grower, packer and shipper of salad greens to markets throughout North America and the United Kingdom
- Represented a family office in the acquisition of a series of quick service
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law and Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, 2022 to 2023
- Chambers USA, 2019 to 2022
- Super LawyersFlorida Rising Stars 2013 to 2021
- Acritas Stars, listed among independently rated lawyers, 2019 to 2020
- The Legal 500 US 2019
- The M&A Advisor, Emerging Leaders Award 2019
- Project Ready for School, founding board member
- Make-A-Wish Southern Florida, founding member of Champions Group
Boston University School of Law, JD, 2006
University of Florida, BA, Economics, 2003
University of Florida, BA, Finance, 2003