Caroline M. Iovino focuses her practice on product liability defense, class action, mass tort and complex civil litigation.
Caroline has represented large product manufacturers against product liability and toxic tort lawsuits, including automotive manufacturers, asbestos, tobacco, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. She has also defended insurance carriers with coverage disputes, death and disability, property and casualty, professional liability, auto negligence, premises liability, negligent security and construction.
Caroline is a frequent speaker at various legal association functions, particularly on issues surrounding trial technique and evidence issues. She was previously a featured speaker at the Florida Bar Annual “Topics in Evidence” Continuing Legal Education (CLE) course. Caroline is a National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) faculty member, featured in NITA seminars in various US cities.
While in law school, Caroline was a nationally recognized member of the top-ranked Stetson Trial Team.
- Served as lead counsel for the defense in multiple cases tried to verdict, where the jury returned a verdict of no liability
- Defends major companies in products liability class actions, including pharmaceutical, asbestos and automotive defect claims
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch in Commercial Litigation, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2023
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- YWCA of Greater Miami, board of directors
- Florida Bar, Code and Rules of Evidence Committee, former chair
Stetson University College of Law, JD, cum laude, 1999
George Mason University, BA, 1995
Courts / Agencies
US District Court for the Middle District of Florida
US District Court for the Northern District of Florida
US District Court for the Southern District of Florida