Gary C. Karch advises clients on the federal income tax aspects of partnership and limited liability company transactions, including acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and restructurings.
Gary is also a certified public accountant.
- Designed the tax structure of an Up-C initial public offering
- Designed and modeled terms of alliance agreements that achieved the parties’ goals better than a jointly owned entity
- Advised on the restructuring of a leveraged operating partnership
- Advised on the terms of acquisitions of portfolio companies by private equity investors, including structuring rollover equity for sellers and profits units for management
- Planned the restructuring of a family-owned business to better use operating losses and facilitate family ownership transition
- The Best Lawyers in America 2013 to 2023, Tax Law
- Turnaround & Workouts, Bankruptcy Tax Specialists in the Nation’s Major Law Firms, 2022
- Illinois Super Lawyer
University of Wisconsin Law School, JD, 1980
University of Wisconsin – Madison, BBA, 1975
US Court of Federal Claims
US Tax Court