Anh B. Lee focuses her practice on corporate finance, with an emphasis on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, alternative and direct lenders, public companies, and other privately held businesses. Her representative matters range from leveraged buyouts, secured bond offerings, working capital financings, restructurings and workouts, recurring revenue financings, special situation transactions, and fund subscription facilities. Anh has negotiated and closed transactions in a diverse group of industries, including healthcare, software, retail, financial services, and industrials. Her transactions span the capital structure and vary in size from lower middle-market deals to transactions valued in the multi-billions.
Crain’s Chicago Business recently included Anh on its list of “Notable Women in Law 2022”.
Anh is a co-partner in charge of the Chicago Transactions practice group and the partner in charge of the Firm’s Associates Committee.
She has an active pro bono practice, having obtained clients U-visas, legal permanent residency and relief under the Violence Against Women Act. She has also successfully assisted several transgender clients with legal name changes.
- Represent a variety of private equity clients and their portfolio companies in connection with the negotiation of debt commitment letters, term sheets, and credit facilities for the purposes of funding acquisitions and follow-on financing matters, including senior secured credit facilities, secured second-lien financings, mezzanine debt facilities, and subordinated debt facilities
- Advised various sponsor funds in connection with their capital call and subscription credit facilities
- Represent H.I.G. Capital in acquisitions and follow-on financing matters for portfolio companies, among others, Cardinal, Circle Graphics, Crothall Laundry Services, Dazpak, Health Network One, Homewerks, Recochem, Universal Fiber Systems, Velocity Solutions, Watchfire Technologies, and Wellpath
- Represent Gemspring Capital in acquisitions and follow-on financing matters for portfolio companies, among others, AINs, Cforia, Crafty Apes, GoldenSource, Sigga Technologies, Skyline, and Valant
- Represent Accel-KKR Credit Partners in connection with their debt investments in borrowers, among others, Abrigo, ESO, OrthoFi, and Vendavo
- Represent Wellspring Capital in acquisitions and follow-on financing matters for portfolio companies, among others, HealthPro Heritage, Cadence Petroleum Group, and Rayus Radiology
- Represented Dex Media in multiple in and out of court restructuring transactions, including with respect to structuring, negotiating, and documenting a $782.5 million refinancing of senior secured credit facility debt in connection with Dex One Corporation’s merger with SuperMedia, Inc., accomplished through a “pre-packaged” Chapter 11 reorganization*
- Represented Vince Holding Corp. in its senior secured term loan credit facility and senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility in connection with its initial public offering*
- Represented PBF Energy, a Blackstone/First Reserve energy investment vehicle in multiple secured and unsecured credit facilities, including a letter of credit facility*
- Represented Solutia, Inc. in its $2 billion exit financing credit facility in connection with its emergence from Chapter 11*
- Represented Tropicana Entertainment, LLC in a $67 million debtor-in-possession financing*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- Crain’s Chicago Business, Notable Women in Law, 2022
- The Legal 500 United States 2018
University of California – Berkeley School of Law, JD, 2004
University of Wisconsin – Madison, BS, 2000