Meir A. Lewittes focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions, with an emphasis on cross-border transactions and joint ventures in numerous sectors, including health care, industrials, mining and metals, chemicals, oil and gas, and pharmaceuticals. He also regularly advises family offices on all corporate matters, including direct investing, acquisitions and dispositions, corporate structuring, recapitalizations and liquidity events.
While in law school, Meir served as an article and note editor of the Journal of Legislation and Public Policy.
- Represented Kaiser Aluminum Corporation in its $670 million acquisition of Alcoa Warrick from Alcoa Corporation
- Represented Goldman Sachs in numerous growth equity investments
- Represented Sanne Group PLC in its acquisition of FLSV Fund Administration Services LLC
- Represented Sunspire Health, a leading provider of behavioral health services, in its acquisition by Kohlberg & Company
- Represented Evonik Industries in its:
- $3.8 billion acquisition of the Performance Materials Division of Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
- divestiture of its Solimide® polyimide foams business to Boyd Corporation, a portfolio company of Snow Phipps
- acquisition of Silbond Corp.
- acquisition of Tippecanoe Laboratories from Eli Lilly & Co.
- divestiture of its gold mining chemicals business to Oaktree Capital Management
- sale of a Canadian pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturer to Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Represented United Initiators GmbH & Co. KG in the acquisition of Syrgis Performance Initiators, Inc., a producer of organic peroxide initiators from Edgewater Capital
- Represented Fireman Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of the largest Dunkin’ Donuts franchise network in Florida
- Represented AUA Private Equity Partners in the recapitalization of Associated Foods Holdings
- Represented Siegfried Holding AG (SIX: SFZN) in its acquisition of Alliance Medical Products, Inc., a pharmaceutical contract manufacturer
- Represented the owners of Hudson Baylor Corporation and its affiliates in the sale of the company to ReCommunity, Inc.
- Represented Gunvor Group, Ltd., in its $400 million investment in the Signal Peak coal mine in Montana
- Represented C/G Electrodes, LLC, and Seadrift Coke, L.P., in their acquisition by GrafTech International, Ltd
New York University School of Law, JD, 2002
University of Maryland, BA, 1997