Ludovica Rabitti focuses her practice on regulatory and corporate advisory matters, with a focus on EU and UK product compliance, trade and ESG. Ludovica has advised on high value private equity transactions and M&A deals in manufacturing, oil & gas, aviation and transport sectors. Ludovica also has strong background in privacy and data protection laws, having assisted companies develop their GDPR compliance, including data mapping and advising on international data transfers.
Ludovica has an in-depth understanding of and experience in advising on various aspects of EU and UK environmental legislation, including REACH, CLP, RoHS and WEEE. She has been involved in coordinating global product recalls, challenging the European Chemicals Agency’s decisions before ECHA Board of Appeal and the European Union General Court, and facilitating resolution of data sharing disputes for the metals and mining industry under REACH. Ludovica regularly advises industrial and consumer product supply chains on the impact of Brexit, reviews import, export and storage requirements, and frequently communicates with the EU and UK regulators such as Member State national authorities (UK HSE, DEFRA, OPSS) on a variety of product compliance issues.
- Advised an international manufacturer of test kits on regulatory and import requirements for Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) and authorisations for substances contained in articles
- Advised a global e-commerce platform on import and storage requirements in connection with the launch of their UK warehousing operations
- Assisted a chemicals manufacturer with preparing a challenge against harmonised classification under CLP
- Successfully represented metal traders in a cost and data sharing dispute against the relevant REACH consortium
- Advised various clients in the chemicals and mining industries on regulatory compliance with environmental legislation
- Assisted with coordinating a global product recall for home energy storage batteries
- Assisted Praxair, Inc. in the USD 3.3 billion divestment of North American and South American assets by Praxair, Inc. and Linde AG to Messer and CVC Capital Partners Fund VII
- Assisted in the matter of Dawson-Damer v. Taylor Wessing, a disclosure application pursuant to the Data Protection Act (UK and the Bahamas)
BPP University, LPC, 2014
University of Portsmouth, LLB Law with Business, 2013
England & Wales