Jeffrey (Jeff) Maydew has more than 20 years’ experience representing multinational organizations in US and international tax matters. He focuses his practice on business taxation, particularly domestic and international tax planning for mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs and other major corporate transactions. He also handles private ruling requests as well as audit and tax controversy matters. Jeff advises clients in the aerospace, automotive, consumer products, defense, e-commerce, and pharmaceuticals industries.
Jeff is a frequent author and speaker on international tax topics for the Tax Executives Institute, American Bar Association and the International Fiscal Association. Jeff has also served as an adjunct professor in international taxation at Georgetown and the Northwestern University Law Center.
- Represented Merck & Co., Inc. as lead tax counsel in its spin-off of Organon & Co.*
- Represented CommScope, Inc. as tax counsel in its proposed sale or spin-off of its home networks business*
- Represented The Boeing Company as tax counsel in its agreement to acquire an 80% stake in Embraer’s commercial aviation business*
- Represented Walmart as tax counsel in its acquisition of an approximately 77% stake in Indian e-commerce company Flipkart*
- Represented The Clorox Company as tax counsel in the split-off of consumer products businesses to Henkel KGaA*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- Chambers USA 2021 and 2022, Tax
- Legal 500 US, International Tax, 2015, 2016, 2021-2022
- World Tax – Chicago, 2013 and 2015
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, member
- District of Columbia Bar, Tax Section, member
- International Fiscal Association, member
Georgetown University Law Center, LLM, 2003
University of Iowa College of Law, JD, honors, 1996
Iowa State University, BS, 1992
US District Court for the District of Columbia
District of Columbia