Niraj A. Patel focuses his practice on all aspects of corporate due diligence in the context of asset/equity purchases, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate restructuring involving the health care, life sciences, media, hospitality and commercial real estate industries. Niraj also helps the Firm’s transactional lawyers in utilizing technology to create and execute efficient and cost-effective workflows within the context of transactional and non-transactional contract reviews.
Additionally, Niraj has over 14 years of eDiscovery experience, having worked as Discovery Counsel within The Firm’s discovery practice group. This experience provided Niraj with the building blocks needed to simultaneously manage multiple projects and groups of attorneys while delivering high-quality results.
- Lead Discovery Counsel for national public accounting firm in connection with investigations by the Security and Exchanges Commission and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Assisted with responding to government investigations involving large scale document management/review and the utilization of artificial intelligence and predictive coding in the healthcare and hospitality industries
- Key diligence and transactional support involving more than 2,000 intellectual property license and research agreements pertaining to a multibillion-dollar transaction involving the pharmaceutical services industry
- Key diligence and transactional support involving more than 1,500 license, employment and real estate agreements pertaining to the acquisition of a media company
- Provided pro bono services in cooperation with the National Immigrant Justice Center resulting in the successful filing of a self-petition pursuant to the Violence Against Women Act
Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, JD, 2004
University of Wisconsin – Madison, BBA, 2000
US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois