Benjamin (Ben) Strauss focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, corporate finance and securities, and Delaware corporate and alternative entity laws. He also advises boards of directors, special committees and equity holders on fiduciary duties and other corporate governance matters related to Delaware corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability companies, including in connection with conflict transactions.
Ben frequently serves as special Delaware counsel in connection with mergers and acquisitions, private placements and public offerings involving Delaware corporations and alternative entities. He routinely counsels clients worldwide with respect to transactions and issues under Delaware law. Ben has lectured extensively to foreign lawyers and regulators on Delaware corporate and alternative entity laws.
Ben also serves as business counsel to both US and foreign companies doing business in the United States, including multinational companies and numerous high-tech startups.
- Representing an Israeli based Private Equity Fund in acquisitions of US medical devices companies*
- US counsel to European based global food services company*
- Represented Israel’s largest private holding company in the sale of its controlling interest in a NYSE energy company*
- Delaware counsel to board committee of a European financial services company in connection with a $1 billion repurchase of publicly held equity in multiple Delaware entities*
- Special Delaware counsel in M&As and hundreds of private placements by foreign-based Delaware corporations*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
- Acritas Star, 2018
- Delaware State Bar Association, member and past president
- Delaware State Bar Association, Representative to ABA House of Delegates
- Delaware Bar Foundation, director and Chair of Finance Committee
- Delaware Lawyers Assistance Program, Chair
- AJC, Executive Committee member of Philadelphia Chapter
- Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce, director and past president
- Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA), member
Widener University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 1990
Bar-Ilan University, MBA, 1983
Bar-Ilan University, BA, 1976
Courts / Agencies
US Supreme Court
US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
US District Court for the District of Delaware