Whether your company is a serial acquirer or only grows more deliberately through acquisition, as in-house counsel you need to have command of the tax considerations that drive deal structure, valuation, and integration. Your tax department plays a key role in analyzing an acquisition and structuring the deal and you need to understand the issues that drive deal structure.
This webinar covered:
- Why a deal is structured as an asset purchase, stock acquisition or merger
- Whether a deal is structured as a Section 368 tax-free reorganization or is taxable and the tax treatment of asset versus stock transactions
- How stock transactions can be treated as asset acquisitions under Section 338
- What to look for in tax due diligence and guided attendees through the importance and meaning of the representations and warranties in a purchase agreement
- A useful desk reference of the key terms and code sections that you will come across the next time your company is doing a deal