McDermott Recognized by Chambers UK 2022 for its Responsiveness, Professionalism and Legal Excellence
London, 25 October 2021 – International law firm McDermott Will & Emery once again achieved strong results in the annual Chambers UK Guide, with its UK Employment and Healthcare practices being ranked for the first time.
The 2022 ranking recognised eleven McDermott lawyers across banking and finance, employment, healthcare, life sciences, litigation/white collar crime, restructuring/insolvency, private equity and tax law. The lawyers were praised for their client focus, responsiveness, their commercial and pragmatic approach as well as their technical mastery and first-rate advice.
Key highlights include:
• First time ranking in Employment – Band 5. Clients note that the team is “quick to respond,” “very user-friendly,” with lawyers who are “very organised and focused.”
• First time ranking in Healthcare – Band 5. Clients note that the team’s strengths include a “diverse set of skills, global reach and a specialised focus in the healthcare sector.”
Notable new and improved rankings include:
• Hamid Yunis – Healthcare: Corporate/Commercial – Band 3. Hamid is described as “an experienced professional with the ability to provide thoughtful and focused advice.”
• Simon Airey – Financial Crime: Corporates – Band 4. Simon is noted for having “excellent communication skills” and described as “incredibly knowledgeable, attentive and quick to respond.”
• Paul McGrath – Employment: Employer – Band 5. Paul is described as “detailed, efficient, and brings a wide spectrum of knowledge and experience to each situation.”
• Mark Fennessy – Restructuring/Insolvency – Band 6. Mark is described as “a superb leader who provides clear and concise legal analysis and is a pleasure to work with.”
• Nicholas Jupp – Banking & Finance: Mid-Market – Associate to Watch. Nicholas is noted as “super focused and a really hard-working associate.”
For full Firm rankings, more client feedback and editorial commentary, please click here.
ABOUT CHAMBERS UK
Chambers and Partners launched its first Chambers UK Guide in 1990 and today, fields a 300-member research team which is the largest research team of any legal directory. The New York Times has described the Chambers and Partners research methodology as the “gold standard”. Private Client rankings are now part of a dedicated private wealth law guide, Chambers High Net Worth.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices, industries and more than 20 locations to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.