International law firm McDermott Will & Emery represented Urgo Hotels & Resorts, an industry leader in hotel management and development for more than four decades, in its definitive agreement with Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM), an award-winning hotel management and investment company, to become a wholly owned subsidiary of HHM. The combined company will operate over 235 hotels in North America.
- The transaction was announced on June 7, 2022; and is expected to close in the third quarter of 2022, subject to customary closing conditions.
- The transaction expands HHM into Canada, enters new US markets, and adds mountain leisure, development and condo-hotel management capabilities to its portfolio.
- Upon closing, the founding members of Urgo will become shareholders of HHM.
- The McDermott team was led by Tom Conaghan with substantial assistance from Christine Kretkowski. Patrick McCurry and Alex Farr provided tax counsel, Jennifer Mikulina provided advice on IP matters, Todd Solomon advised on benefits issues and Heidi Steele advised on insurance matters for Urgo. The DC office led team also included associates Daniel McGuire and Tipanun Bisalbutr.
- Read HHM’s press release here.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices, industries and more than 20 locations to deliver highly effective solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Kerri Chace+1 617 535 4145