International law firm McDermott Will & Emery is pleased to have been named a Diversity Champion as part of the Verizon Law Firm IDEAward Program. McDermott was among only four firms recognized for their commitment to promote, foster and lead diversity and inclusion efforts and programs within the firm and legal industry as a whole.
“A diverse, inclusive culture enhances our ability to identify, engage and motivate extraordinary people who can bring the best, broadest and most innovative ideas and perspectives to our clients,” said Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion Anthony Upshaw. “We look forward to continuing our partnership with Verizon to support equity, diversity, and inclusion in meaningful ways and deliver positive outcomes within the Firm and beyond.”
IDEAward and Diversity Champion honorees were evaluated and chosen based on qualitative and quantitative data submitted by law firms in Verizon’s Preferred Partnership Program, as well as feedback provided by Verizon professionals addressing the following criteria:
- Diverse staffing on Verizon matters
- Innovative origination credit/fee allocation system or program
- Creation of an inclusive environment allowing for firm-wide ownership and participation in diversity and inclusion goals
- Engagement of diverse third-party firms and vendors
- Overall attorney demographics at the firm, at each level, including representation of diverse attorneys in leadership positions
Read more about McDermott’s diversity and inclusion efforts here.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices and industries to deliver highly effective solutions that propel success. More than 1,400 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Kerri Chace+1 617 535 4145